1. Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2. When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands.
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
4. Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
5. When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals.
6. The consumption of raw or under cooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
7. Thoroughly cook meat and eggs.
8. If you choose to wear a face mask, be sure to cover mouth and nose – avoid touching the mask once its on. Immediately discard single-use masks after each use and wash hands after removing masks.
Please let’s be safe, we can prevent the risk of contracting and spreading the virus if all of us do the needful by practicing proper hygiene and following the above simple steps.