- The very first hymn divinely given to CCC is Hymn 762, “Enyin ara ninu Kristi” in Egun. It was revealed through Prophetess Wolisata.
- Alexander Yanga (aka Woli Yanga) who revealed the name of the church also later received and sang Hymn 694, “Ka sise fun iwenu mo emi wa” in Egun. We render this song in CCC to commence the New Moon service, although not exclusively.
- At the first seaside Christmas festival held by CCC, Mawulawoe, a Togolese sang Hymn 901, “Jesu awa yio sin oo”.
- Mama Christine Oshoffa (mother of LSSES Edith Oshoffa) divinely revealed Hymn 529, “Gbeke re le Oluwa ninu Ijo Mimo yi” who only spoke Egun but sang Yoruba.
- While being bathed by her mother (Mama Christine Oshoffa), 8 day old Dora Oshoffa started singing Hymn 377, “Eje k’afope fun baba”. Amazingly, in a completely different location, at exactly the same time, Pa Goodwill Abiassi was also rendering the exact same hymn.
- While cooking in the kitchen, Mama Christine Oshoffa went into a trance and started singing Hymn 384, “E je ka fope fun baba, orun osupa wa ninu imole”.
- While filled with the Holy Spirit, 11 month old Marie Zevunu rendered Hymn 229, “Emi mimo sokale sarin wa” in Egun.
- Mama Alice Bada (wife of Baba Bada), whilst in a trance, sang Hymn 576, “Halleluyah L’atorun wa, pelu orin ayo”.
- Although he did not understand Yoruba, through the Holy Spirit, Pa Goodwill Abiassi revealed the following Hymns in
261, “Agbara na Baba wa l’onfun”,
731, “Egbe orin yin si oke”,
205, “Olorun oba imole”,
238, “Emi mimo wa sarin wa”.
- Pa Joseph Awhangonou (father of Iya Martha – Papa’s wife) who could not speak or understand Yoruba, sang Hymn
330, “E yin Jesu, e yin Jesu”.
- A wizard who was angry that Papa raised one of his preys from the dead decided to test Papa’s divine powers. During a revival being carried out by Papa, he turned into a bird and perched on a tree. But by the powers unbeknown to the wizard, he was turned back into a man and was hung upside down with a rope
on the tree for seven days and seven nights. On the fourth day of being hung upside down, the wizard, Jules Bodjrenou went into a trance and sang hymn 176, “Baba pa lase lat’orun wa, Ki gbogbo aiye si wariri” in Egun. That wizard was later to become a prophet in CCC and was popularly referred to as Woli Agange.
- Hymn 460, “Baba a a ni wakati yi” was revealed to Papa as he was on his way to destroy an Iroko tree. A bird had flown
from the tree to snatch a fish from the
tray on the head of a girl who was a street hawker. Immediately on her return home,
the girl died. Papa lit seven candles around the tree and it burned for seven days and seven nights and the tree was
- A mad woman divinely received and sang Hymn 605, “Ka sowopo, ka jo yin baba”
- Whilst visiting Papa at Makoko, the then Hon Evan Chris Omeben went into trance and revealed the song “Emi mimo,
emi mimo sokale”. It should be noted that Hon Evan, an Edo man, neither understood nor spoke Yoruba.
- In 1982, Papa divinely received and sang Hymn 4, in French translated in English as “Oh Christ oh my King, I will worship thee”.
Source: S.B.J Oshoffa – The Enigmatic Spiritual Leader of Our Time.